"Launching today is the DLC of Rivals of Aether, featuring the new playable tag team fighters of Ori and Sein! In an exciting collaboration with Dan Fornace LLC, Microsoft Studios and Moon Studios, Ori has crossed-over to join the game. Ori is a seamless addition to Rivals of Aether, an indie fighting game of warring civilizations who summon the elemental powers to battle."Ori is a playable character that is available for purchase as DLC. Ori was announced at Rivals of Aether's E3 2017 Direct Conference presentation for the game, and is the first third-party character to be introduced in the game.
- www.orithegame.com ; August 23, 2017
In the game Rivals of Aether Edit
- In Team Battles, Ori can use Bash to extend combos, set up for kills, and help out teammates in danger by stopping an opponent. Bash can also affect both opponents at the same time.
- Ori's projectile and Sein's Charged Flame can keep opponents away.
- Sein's normal Spirit Flame can hinder approaches and possibly let Ori escape kill setups.
- Ori's Up Special has amazing horizontal mobility and its ability to be opened and closed makes edgeguarding Ori a challenge.
- Just like Maypul, Ori can wall cling.
- Ori can be attacked while using Bash, which is a problem in Team Battles.
- Has little range outside of Sein's weak attacks and the Forward Special projectile.
- Sein can only follow Ori and cannot move away from Ori to attack.
- Missing Bash or Down Aerial offstage almost always results in a suicide.
- Ori's recovery has little vertical range.
- By immediately using Bash after a Forward Special, Ori can Bash their projectile in any direction.
- You can attack or charge with Sein while Ori is using Bash.
- You can air dodge after hitting an enemy with the ascending part of up special and not enter special fall
In-Game Info: Edit
"Ori and Sein fight as a tag team. If Sein is close to Ori, they can use team-up Strong Attacks. Tap Neutral Special to have Sein fire a Spirit Flame. Hold Neutral Special to have Sein use Charged Flame. Ori can use Down Special to either Bash projectiles or Bash opponents in any direction."
Elemental Powers: Edit
- SPIRIT FLAME - Sein follows Ori around the battlefield. Ori can tap Neutral Special to have Sein quickly fire a Spirit Flame from wherever Sein is. Ori can hold Neutral Special to have Sein use the Charged Flame.
- BASH - Ori can use Down Special to Bash nearly anything in Rivals of Aether – from characters to projectiles to rocks and plants. Ori can also move around the stage by bashing the Light Grenade that is thrown by using Forward Special.
- TAG TEAM - When Ori and Sein are close enough, Ori can use Strong Attacks to initiate tag team combos. These Strong Attacks have more powerful properties as Sein assists Ori for a more devastating blow.
|Dash Attack||7%||Ori rushes forward in energy and headbutts opponents.|
|Jab||2%, 2%, 4%||Punches the opponent quickly twice and then performs a kick.|
|Up Tilt||7% (multi-hit)||Holds up a crackling ball of energy that hits multiple times. The first few hits of this attack drag opponents downward,|
|Forward Tilt||7%||Ori does a sweeping attack with its tail. This attack moves Ori backwards slightly.|
|Down Tilt||5%||Ori rolls forward covered in energy, hitting opponents.|
|Forward Strong||10% (without Sein), 14% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori thrusts both hands forward to lauch opponents.
With Sein: Ori charges up Sein and then thrusts Sein forward, which causes a massive explosion of energy. This attack has multiple hits.
|Up Strong||10% (without Sein), 14% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori turns into energy and shoots upward..
With Sein: Ori and Sein turn into energy and fly upward with a large burst at the top. This attack has multiple hits.
|Down Strong||10% (without Sein), 18% (with Sein)||Without Sein: Ori dashes back and forth and hits opponents away. The attacks do not combo into each other.
With Sein: Ori dashes back and forth while Sein creates explosions. Each explosion carries opponents into the next one.
|Neutral Air||5%||Ori spins his arms around. The hitbox is only around Ori's hands.|
|Up Air||6%||Ori does a flip and hits enemies with its tail.|
|Forward Air||3%, 4%||A kick followed by a tail slap.|
|Backward Air||9%||Ori punches opponents behind it.|
|Down Air||8% , 9% (landing hitbox)||Ori turns into a ball of light and launches himself downward. If an opponent is hit, Ori bounces off of it and can immediately perform another attack. When Ori touches the ground during this move, a small eruption of energy happens that can damage opponents on either side. This attack is jump-cancelable.|
|Dash Attack||6%||A quick headbutt. This attack is very fast.|
|Neutral special||1%, 10% (charged)||Sein damages nearby enemies with a small energy burst. This attack is extremely quick but it has virtually no knockback or hitstun. It can be used three times in a row before Sein has to recharge. This attack can also be charged, even if Ori is using other attacks at the same time. A charged Neutral Special has knockback.|
|Up special||7% (initial jump), 3% (when reopened)||Ori spins into the air hitting enemies multiple times and then glides using Kuro's Feather. If Ori hits an opponent during the first jump, Ori can cancel the attack with an airdodge. You can open and close the feather by moving the control stick up or down. Reopening the feather does less damage and does not give Ori a vertical boost.|
|Side special||3-6%||Ori throws a sphere of light. The strength of the throw increases as the button is held. As this move is a projectile, it is affected by Ori's Bash.|
|Down special||14%||Ori jumps,holds on to a projectile or an opponent, and freezes time for a few seconds. The player can choose a direction to propel Ori in when the move ends. The projectile or opponent is propelled in the opposite direction. If Ori is not touching anything when this move is used, Ori becomes helpless. This move is called Bash.|
This chart shows how Ori's bash interacts with objects in the game
|Name of Object||Creator of Object||Damage Dealt to other players||Other Effect|
|Fireball||Zetterburn||2%||Burns the opponent.|
|Rock||Kragg||Kragg can pick up the rock while Ori is choosing a direction for it to go.|
|Pillar||Kragg||Breaks the pillar.|
|Rock Shard||Kragg||3%||The shards go through players.|
|Clone||Forsburn||12%||It explodes on contact with players or the stage.|
|Seed||Maypul||2%||Marks the opponent.|
|Plant||Maypul||4%||Wraps the opponent.|
|Tornado||Wrastor||5%||Flies through blocks but does not make a slipstream.|
|Droplet||Orcane||6%||Does not make a puddle.|
|Cloud||Absa||4%||It explodes when hitting a player. Does not explode when hitting the stage. Instead, it simply does not move and eventually expires. If the cloud was charged by Absa's Down Special, the cloud can be Bashed but the hitbox remains and can zap Ori.|
|Icicle||Etalus||2%||The icicles go through players.|
- Ori is currently the only character in Rivals of Aether to have a partner who follows it.
- Sein "follows" Ori by moving to Ori's last coordinates with a slight delay.